Navratan korma is popular Indian Vegetarian curry. Vegetables, Cottage Cheese (cottage cheese) and nuts are cooked in rich and subtle cashew gravy and blended to perfection with hint of spices. Enjoy with any indian bread or rice dish.
Cooking Time: 25 Min
Serves: 4 people
- 1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese, cubed
- 1 Cup Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Cauliflower), diced and boiled
- 2 Tablespoons Raisins
- 2 Tablespoons Cashew Nut, broken in half
- 2 Tablespoons Cashew Nut (for gravy)
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 1 inch piece Cinnamon
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- 1 Green Chili
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Corn Flour
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Oil / Ghee
- 2 Tablespoon Cilantro (Coriander Leaves), finely chopped
- In small bowl soak cashew nut and poppy seeds in 1/4 cup warm water for 30 minutes.
- Blend together cashew nuts, poppy seeds, ginger, green chili, clove and cinnamon, into smoothe paste.
- In bowl mix together milk and corn flour, drain and keep aside.
- Heat non stick pan on medium heat, add oil or ghee.
- Add cumin seeds, wait until seeds crackle.
- Add cashew and poppy seeds paste cook until oil separates, stirring occasionally.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, sugar and salt, mix well.
- Add boiled vegetables, Cottage Cheese, broken cashew and raisin, mix well.
- Add milk and corn flour mixture, mix well and cook for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with roti, chappati, paratha or rice.