Baingan bharta is well know dish in india. Eggplant is cooked over flame till skin is charred and peeled off cooked with tomato and spices makes up most delicious dish.
Cooking Time: 25 Min
Serves: 2 people
- 1 Large Eggplant (Brinjal )
- 1 Teaspoon Green Chili, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Cilantro (Coriander Leaves), chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander-Cumin Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Tablebspoon Oil or Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar (Optional)
- Salt to
- 2 Tablespoon Cilantro (Coriander Leaves), finely chopped
- Grease the eggplant with a little oil, wrap it in aluminium foil and cook over an open flame till it is soft.
- Cool, unwrap aluminium foil and peel the skin. Mash pulp and keep aside.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat, add oil or ghee.
- Add cumin seeds wait until seeds crackle add chopped green chili and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped tomato, chopped cilantro, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin powder, red chili powder and cook until oil separates.
- Add mashed eggplant, garam masala, sugar(optional) and salt and mix well.
- Granish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.